There’s always something going on in downtown Gilroy!
For a complete listing of all Gilroy events please visit our event calendar.
The Gilroy Downtown Business Association hosts a few major events on an annual basis:
Check out what’s new with the GDBA and a list of recent accomplishments in Downtown Gilroy. We are always looking for volunteers to help us produce our Downtown Gilroy events. Email us if you are interested in participating in the planning process. Join Us Downtown!
Interested in volunteering for a Main Street Sub-Committee with the Gilroy Downtown Business Association or helping plan or work on the day of events? Download this Volunteer Application and return to the GDBA via email to Melanie@downtowngilroy.com, fax: 408.842.6010 or regular mail: PO Box 2310 Gilroy, CA 95021.
For more information on all of our events, please check our Facebook page or email our Downtown Coordinator. To stay up to date with news and events from Downtown Gilroy, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
2017 GDBA Event Calendar:
- Gilroy Art & Wine Stroll - Saturday, May 20: 2PM - 6PM (Downtown Gilroy)
- Fifth Street Live Concert Series - Evenings, June-August: 7PM - 9PM (Fifth Street between Monterey & Eigleberry)
- A Taste of Downtown Summer Camp - July 10-14, July 17-21, July 24-28, and July 31-Aug. 4: 10AM-3PM (Downtown Gilroy)
- Gilroy Holiday Parade & Tree Lighting - Saturday, December 2: 2:30PM - 8PM (Downtown Gilroy)
Gilroy Holiday Parade
Join us Downtown for the annual Gilroy Holiday Parade, Tree Lighting and Doggie Dress-Up on Saturday, December 2! Ring in the holiday season in true small town America style.
The following activities will take place on Monterey Street of Downtown Gilroy:
- Photos with “Santa Paws” benefitting South County Tail Waggers will take place between noon and 2PM at the intersection of Monterey and Fifth Street
- The Doggie Dress-up will begin at 2:30PM at the intersection of Monterey and Fifth Streets
- Vendor booths will be open 2:30PM - 7PM on Fifth Street
- The Main Stage performances will take place from 3PM - 5PM
- The Parade begins at 5:30PM and will be emceed by Mark Turner and Jane Howard
- The tree lighting will immediately follow the Parade, at the intersection of Monterey and Fifth Streets
Interested in being part of the 2017 Gilroy Holiday Parade? Download your Parade, Vendor and Performer applications to participate. To become a sponsor, please download an application here. Know someone you want to nominate for Parade Grand Marshall? Download a nomination form here. Take a look at our rules and regulations if you have any questions.
South County Health Fair
Save the date for the Inaugural South County Health Fair, from 10AM - 2PM on Saturday, April 28. Vendors from throughout the health and wellness community will be featured outside at the Gilroy Center for the Arts, including cooking demos, free health screenings and more! This event is FREE to the public and we hope you’ll join us. Want to be a vendor? Download a vendor application here. Want to help sponsor this event? Download the sponsor information here.
2017 Monthly Board Meetings Schedule
- Jan. 3, 2017 - 6:00PM
- Feb. 7, 2017 - 6:00PM, Location: Café 152 Bread Co (60 Fourth Street), download agenda here.
- Mar. 7, 2017 - 6:00PM, Location: Bella Viva (7423 Monterey Street), download agenda here.
- Apr. 4, 2017 - 6:00PM, Location: CMAP (7500 Monterey Street), download agenda here.
- May 2, 2017 - 6:00PM, Location: Nimble Thimble (7455 Monterey Street), download agenda here.
- June 6, 2017 - 6:00PM, Location: Leedo Art and Frame (7436 Monterey Street), download agenda here.
- July 11, 2017 - 6:00PM, Location: Café 152 Bread Co. (60 Fourth Street), download agenda here.
- Sept. 5, 2017 - 6:00PM, Location: 7600 Monterey Road, Suite 140, download agenda here.
- Oct. 3, 2017 - 6:00PM, Location: Station 55 (55 Fifth Street), download agenda here.
- Nov. 7, 2017 - 6:00PM, Location: Old City Hall (7400 Monterey Road), download agenda here.
- Dec. 5, 2017 - 6:00PM
Help us create the Downtown Gilroy that people want to see. Become a Downtown Association sponsor and help us on our way. Contact Executive Director, Melanie Corona, with all your questions at Melanie@downtowngilroy.com and download a sponsor form here.